Check Out UNF Canada’s Job Postings
The Ukrainian National Federation of Canada offers full time, part time and student job opportunities throughout Canada. If you are interested in making a difference in your community and contributing to the growth of one of Canada’s longest serving Ukrainian organizations please consider applying for one of our positions.
Bistro & Hall Manager - UNF Toronto - Full Time - Toronto, Ontario
Bistro & Hall Manager
About The Position
The Bistro & Hall Manager is accountable to the Executive Director and responsible for oversight of the operations of the Ukrainian National Federation of Canada (Toronto Branch)’s UNO Bistro & Trident Banquet Hall operations. This role includes oversight of Bistro and Banquet facility staff, management of food service logistics, and operations.
As the key leader of all bistro & banquet hall activities the Manager is an integral role for the success of the UNF’s Strategic Business Objectives that fund community programming. The person is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of the Bistro Supervisor(s) and Event Planner and indirectly all bistro and hall support staff to ensure that a consistent level of services is delivered to the customers.
The role requires someone who can manage relationships, be customer focused and also organized and effective at managing multiple priorities. Solid administrative and computer skills are required.
The Bistro & Hall Manager will be responsible for the following areas:
- Oversee, manage Bistro & Hall Staff.
- Oversee the budgeting, billing and purchasing on behalf of the Bistro & Hall operations as a part of the overall UNF Toronto Budget.
- Ensure that the facilities are maintained in a presentable state of repair.
- Oversee timesheets and schedules of all Bistro & Hall Staff.
- Oversee food & beverage program including purchasing, inventory management and sales.
- Develop and oversee an effective marketing plan for the UNO Bistro and Hall.
- Be accountable to food & beverage sales and hall rental performance.
- Meet with clients to book/plan events and address questions/concerns.
- Ensure appropriate set up of facilities for events.
- Oversee and ensure general maintenance and cleanliness of the facilities.
- Ensure guest and customer satisfaction and resolve escalations.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Demonstrated success in the continued growth of an event or food service operation.
- Experience in managing a banquet / food service / event business.
- Passionate about food and drink and up on all the latest trends.
- Demonstrated success in the supervision and development of others
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships.
- Ability to develop and motivate the people around you to always be their best
- Highly organized with great planning and administrative skills
- An understanding of the Ukrainian Canadian community in general is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Ukrainian preferred.
- Experience with a not-for-profit or volunteer-based organization
Bistro Server - UNF Toronto - Part Time - Toronto, Ontario
About The Position
UNO Bistro is a community based short order and café Bistro Eatery & Event Space located within the Ukrainian National Federation of Canada Toronto Branch community center at 145 Evans Ave. in Toronto. We are a “Lviv Coffee House” themed space offering the local community a Ukrainian-Canadian social and culinary experience. Enjoy our warm and welcoming atmosphere and a mix of Ukrainian & Canadian culinary delights along with special events and performances throughout the month.
The Server is responsible for taking food and beverage orders; entering orders quickly and in proper sequence; serving food and beverages for guests; coordinating with the kitchen to ensure timely service and quality of the food; and providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times; performs all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management.
The Bistro Server :
- Takes food and beverage orders, places orders, delivers orders, checks back after delivery of food to ensure guest satisfaction, observes guests to respond to any additional needs.
- Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checks drink levels, removes clutter and provides adequate napkins, etc.
- Presents check and processes payments.
- Follows UNO Bistro customer service, adult beverage and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Keeps station clean, sets up and takes down station tables appropriately.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Must meet minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Previous serving experience is an asset.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner .
- Ukrainian language skills are an asset.
Life Guard Camp Sokil "Together We Are Stronger" Program - Summer Contract - Hawkestone, Ontario
About The Position
Ukrainian National Federation- Toronto Branch is running a Summer Retreat program at Camp Sokil in Hawkestone, Ontario. Camp Sokil has been in operation for over 60 years and this year the campsite will be hosting a Summer Retreat for Displaced Families coming from Ukraine.
The retreat will be focused on providing families with rest, recreation, and networking opportunities all while being surrounded by the welcoming Ukrainian community and inviting natural environment.
If you have a can-do attitude, enjoy working with children, are ready for a new challenge, and are available for seasonal employment, this could be the job for you!
The Lifeguard will help promote a welcoming environment, demonstrate care and hospitality, and expel positivity. This position requires an optimistic attitude, and the ability to adapt to situations.
- Supervise swimming activities
- Ensure all swimming guidelines are boeing followed
- Warning swimmers of the dangers of disobeying safety policies
- Evaluating the safety of equipment and the water
- Administering life-saving actions when necessary in emergency situations
- Act as the First Aid on site
- Engage with children (4-16yrs) and adults throughout the day
- Have an enthusiastic viewpoint
- Provide a safe, secure, sanitary, and inviting environment for all families and staff
- Show empathy to everyone around, even in stressful situations
- Celebrate the families’ big and small accomplishments of growth
- Work with an amazing team
- Show strong communication with supervisor and parents
- Report any items or behaviours that may provide health or safety hazards to staff, or guests, that includes suspicious behaviour/action, or violation of policy
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS) lifeguard certification
- CPR-C Certification
- Must have a valid Vulnerable Sector Check
To apply for the position please send your current CV/Resume to [email protected] or click on the Apply Now button.
Please include the position that you are applying for in the “subject” line of the email.
Applications will be reviewed, and due to significant volume, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.